Embellished Circus

8.12.2006

Amyma's New Work

adameve

frolo

This is my new insanity. The first is Adam and Eve ( larger size.) The second is Frolo the Reluctant Angel (larger size.) Both are 16"x20" on gallery wrapped canvas. Both are being toted to a gallery in Raleigh next week for my first stab at entering a juried exhibition. The basics of this technique were learned at Artfest last year.
These just came pouring out of me as I worked on them. I love the layering and embellishment. It is hard to see all of it over the net.
The struggle I had was in pricing. I finally settled on $240 through a variety of pricing theories.

10 Comments:

  • Really exceptional. I have enjoyed your recent work and this looks like the culmination of that experimentation. These are truly professional pieces. I'm sure you'll make us all proud! Kelli

    By Blogger Kelli Nina Perkins, at 12.8.06  

  • I adore these. I wish I could see them in person. Frolo speaks to me. Truly amazing Amy.

    By Blogger aimee, at 12.8.06  

  • I am so impressed! THese really demonstrate the calber of your talent. Your instincts are so dead on. Well done!

    By Blogger nici, at 13.8.06  

  • Y'all are makin' me blush!

    By Blogger Amy, at 14.8.06  

  • Good luck at the exhibition, Amy :). Your pieces are wonderful!

    By Blogger Penny, at 15.8.06  

  • adam + eve is just stunning. i wish the pic was larger, so i could really see some of the detail and surface texture!

    hint hint ;)

    By Blogger nicci, at 15.8.06  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Amy, at 17.8.06  

  • OK, I made them bigger for you Nicci, and added links to even bigger ones on Flickr. It is still hard to see the detail. Both hve torn paper backgrounds which add a ton of texture. They are also both heavily glittered. Frolo's Halo (yes Frolo is a cross between halo and afro. It looks like a golden afro!) is gold leaf, and he has little rhinestones on his wings. All of them have jeweled pupils.

    By Blogger Amy, at 17.8.06  

  • I imagine that these must be magnificent in person! Best of luck with the show!

    By Blogger Judi W., at 17.8.06  

  • I, like everyone else, wish that I could see these in person. Wonderful work.

    By Blogger Zhenia, at 20.8.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home