Embellished Circus

7.22.2007

promo items


promo items
Originally uploaded by anongrrl

here's how i resolved my little 'write a note to people with their order and include a button' dilemma. (i have an etsy shop, and i felt like i should have some sort of more coherent packaging) i am just testing these out until i figure out a better way. i like these, but doing a lot of them would suck the ink out of my printer. i get 8 to a standard sheet. i think they're cute. (injet printed on some 'epson scrapbooking paper' which is really just a glorified cardstock. the colors are very nice, however, not at all dull like on regular cardstock).

i'm trying to work out a look and theme to my packaging, but keep it simple so as not to be wasteful.

i used an image from my promo business card back and postcard back, cut it out digitally, and added a frame with some brushes in photoshop. then added text in photoshop, and blurred the edge of the face a little where i cut otu the information to leave the white space for a note. it has my email addy, and, as you can see, i stuck a little button on it (with my etsy shop logo).

this blends both my Fat Girl art and my etsy shop logo, which are also the front and back of my business cards and postcards.

5 Comments:

  • these are great! Love the design and the button idea! The colors look very bold and bright.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 23.7.07  

  • I also like the design and the button. I remember fondly the etsy sellers who include extra shtuff (and totally understand when they don't) and I am a complete sucker for nice, coherent, ecologically sound packaging. It can be done!

    Have you looked into having these cads professionally printed? With ink costs and whatnot it might be cheaper...but it might not.

    By Blogger Zhenia, at 23.7.07  

  • You go girl!
    wow!
    You are going to really stand out with these items FOR SURE.

    By Blogger mcdc3s, at 23.7.07  

  • kirsten: thank you! i am so glad the colors came out so well. bold. woot!

    zenia: hmm. i could design them to a size to work three on the postcard size, and have them printed by vista or modernpostcard. i am thinking of re-designing them to work as bookmarks once the buttons are removed. thinking thinking thiiinking. do you know of any other printing places who do custom sizes without charging out the patoot?

    calla: hee hee, thank you, i hope it stands out. lurve.

    By Blogger nicci, at 24.7.07  

  • I like the three on a postcard bookmark idea because it's good-looking and practical.

    I don't know much about the printing services available in the US, especially any that don't charge an arm and a leg for custom sizes, but I'll be on the lookout.

    By Blogger Zhenia, at 27.7.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home