Embellished Circus

7.24.2007

Skinny Fat Book Progress - Stitched Backs



Well, I finally decided what color I wanted the back of my skinny pages to be. It is the tan and navy checked card stock. I cut the back pages and stitched the two pieces together this afternoon on my sewing machine.

Now I am thinking about the signature/artist identification "badge" I want to add to the back of the work. I have a few ideas in mind - again contrasting the materials already used and adding some vintage page text. I am for the most part finished. Just the last touches and then off they will fly!

I am extremely pleased with the way these have turned out. Very 'Folk Art' oriented. They are constructed very nicely... very sturdy. I think they will really stand out in the book. I just can't wait to see everyone else's contributions.

6 Comments:

  • i lurve the handwriting look. i can't wait to get a copy of this book! woot.

    By Blogger nicci, at 24.7.07  

  • Fabulous creations, Maralena :)

    By Blogger Penny, at 25.7.07  

  • the worm cracks me up! Nice work!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 25.7.07  

  • Re: Kirsten W. said... Thanks Kristen. I hope everyone else decides to feed their birds... cos I am going to be really ticked if they pick on my bird for food!

    By Blogger mcdc3s, at 26.7.07  

  • Re: Penny said...

    Thank you Penny. Remind me to tell you something on IM.

    By Blogger mcdc3s, at 26.7.07  

  • Re: nicci said: Thanks Nicci. I can't wait to get a copy of this book either. It was a blast.

    By Blogger mcdc3s, at 26.7.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home