Embellished Circus

5.27.2007

bird book pages + egg envelopes






As you can see, I've been working more on the egg pages, adding a little here and there. I figured I would post once more with some process images, and a better image of the little aluminum heart, which doesn't scan so well (so I bounced in more light and photographed it instead, as my dying digital camera decided to come on today!)

The orange egg is one of the samples of the first stage where I got stuck, and then I added some stars, a bird, and more attention to the top of the page. This could become the back later--who knows! It all depends on what happens to the current back, which is still blank!

I think another watercolor wash may be in order. Thanks to everyone who commented on these the first time! I didn't level the colors a lot, but they're really a bit brighter in person. I used a more opaque watercolor than usual on these, so they're not bouncing the light around as much as usual. That's definitely something to keep in mind for the future! I think I like the transparent ones better.

I use royal talens watercolors now. I used to use the expensive tube kind, but that seemed silly when the cake variety are so portable and some in a neat metal box!

Edit: added one more pic in the process... a further attempt at unifying the design!
I killed a whole Sakura glaze pen (black) drawing swirls everywhere whilst watching episodes of Torchwood (spin off of Dr. Who).

This has got to be the craziest book page I've ever worked on!

Meanwhile, I did some envelopes on the egg theme. EGGS!



3 Comments:

  • Very pretty. So vivid. I love the way they are coming along!

    By Blogger mcdc3s, at 27.5.07  

  • These look great! Fun details and composition!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 27.5.07  

  • Awesomeness, nicci, and I love the little birdie you drew :).

    By Blogger Penny, at 27.5.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home