Embellished Circus

5.21.2007

if wishes grew on trees...

Bare Tree...this tree would have some leaves. Heh.

Here's hoping that when I have time to do art again, I feel like clothing my trees in some foliage. They tell me that they're cold. Poor things.

As for the ATC: I macgyvered the inky layers technique in Bernie Berlin's Artist Trading Card Workshop because I don't own dye ink pads and my pigment ink pads are in Winnipeg. Okay, the pigment ink pads belong to Ptichka...but they're still in Winnipeg. I do own acrylic paint and medium and ink. The background is found paper with ink and acrylics. The tree is all ink.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Oh, I love trees, naked or clothed ;). Great job!

    By Blogger Penny, at 22.5.07  

  • This is a beautiful card - so much texture and depth, and that color is to die for!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 22.5.07  

  • Thanks Penny.

    Kirsten: Thanks! The colour is a bit distorted, but not too much, I think.

    By Blogger Zhenia, at 22.5.07  

  • The colors and the nekkid tree together read "fall/autumn" to me, with newsprint blown around the trunk by the bittersweet wind.

    It all pulls together nicely. Great job!

    Spike

    By Blogger Spike, at 22.5.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home