Embellished Circus

4.10.2007

Inappropriate Connections

I have one of those minds which is cross-wired--everything is connected to everything else. Which is probably why I can never find anything in here . . .

One day, I was reading email for an artsy yahoo group, much like the EC. One person was getting down on herself and her art. "Nothing I do looks like what everyone else is doing," she said. "I suck."

I have very little patience for pity parties. I tend to crash them, with tubas playing "Flight of the Bumblebee," chocolate devil's food cake frosted with black licorice, and single malt scotch. So I dropped a note that there were plenty of folks in the world who'd be happy to rag on her. She didn't need to do that to herself. And I finished with, "Don't make me get out the Altered Spanking Paddle and chase you down!!!"

I hit send, and a second later thought, "Well, I LIKED being in that group. I'll probably get several flaming emails and then get banned. Oh well."

No, instead I got back a chorus of "Altered SPANKING Paddle?? Sounds like a swap to us!" (I love this group.)

So, this weekend, I assembled my entry in the ASP swap.



The picture is true to color, but the part I wish showed more clearly is the coppery glittery stuff in the center of the paddle. That's knitted copper wire. Much cooler in real life.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes my way from this swap. And I have a couple of friends who've asked me to make them one . . . Hmmm. It would solve what to do for Christmas nicely.

Spike

5 Comments:

  • That is HIlarious!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10.4.07  

  • This is beyond creative! Art for the naughty! Woot!

    By Blogger nici, at 10.4.07  

  • You could go into business. It's a niche! A super-specialized niche: the altered BDSM crowd. People who wear latext like pretty paddles too!

    By Blogger Zhenia, at 10.4.07  

  • Hmmmm . . . y'know, Zhenia, I've seen a book of knitted stuff that included a ball gag. This may bear further thought. < wicked evil grin>

    By Blogger Spike, at 13.4.07  

  • This is too kewl!!! I am laughing!

    By Blogger J C, at 13.4.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home