Embellished Circus

7.06.2007

watercolor faces atcs


watercolor faces atcs
Originally uploaded by anongrrl
a couple of weeks ago, when i was sorely lacking in ideas for projects (that's such a sad time, isn't it?), i took out some 3.5 x 2.5 inch boards someone had sent me over 2 years ago. i edged them with aluminum tape, and gesso'd them front and back.

it was fairly boring, and didn't do much for me except make a mess, but it was a productive thing to do whilst watching Bones on my DVD player. forensic science jokes and priming surfaces. how could it get better? ;)

those things sat around until the other day, when i was sorely lacking in ideas for projects, and desperate for some inspiration. i took out my stack of blank gesso'd cards, and lined them up. out came the watercolors.

often, when i'm stuck, i doodle faces. this was no exception. i gave myself a couple rules--work on 2-3 at a time, no black lines, just color. GO!

these 3 ATCs are part of the result of that exercise. it didn't start me on some epic crusade of art making, but it did free up the creative juices enough to finish 2 zines i had sitting around waiting for me to do them. which, really, is a gift in itself.

let's hear it for primed materials! (and they're small, so i don't have to work myself into feeling guilty for having a whole hella lotta mats sitting around taking up space. i just cleaned my studio for cryin' out loud.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home