Embellished Circus

8.27.2007

round art - cd style


create cd
Originally uploaded by anongrrl


i bought some of these printable cds over a year ago with the idea of putting together some of my photographic work, and sending them out to galleries to query about show space. i didn't get around to that, what with shipping myself off to georgia (and now back to Ohio).

i thought about it for a while, and burned myself a mix cd of some songs. i am also working on a trade with someone. but what i am really trading with them is art, not music. and so i decided to try out drawing, with posterman pens and silver ink and gelly rolls... i am a little scared to shove it into my powerbook, but i love how it looks. now i am tempted to print the rest of my blank cds and hang them on the wall, installing each with music for a different mood. then i could literally take the art off the wall and listen to it, recording the content of the cd not with words, but pictures that evoke the sense of what is on the cd.

is anyone else painting/drawing/gluing on any non traditional surface (ie, anything other than a canvas or sketchbook or flat paper?) post it here!

we need more activity and inpiration--at least i do!

xox
nicci

4 Comments:

  • Ok i did not paint this and i don't have a pic but i have had my 13 yr old for the last few weeks she has now gone home, but when she was here she painted the tips of her fingernail white and then used my Sakura paint gel pens to paint on her nail. They looked professionally done, i would have never thought of that.
    what fun ?
    And oh i got a painted CD stuck in my player one time.
    Blah
    Ang

    By Blogger Unknown, at 28.8.07  

  • hmmm. interesting! i wouldn't have thought of doing my nails that way either! interesting.

    it's a shame there's no photo of that!

    By Blogger nicci, at 28.8.07  

  • I love the cd!
    I love this project.

    By Blogger mcdc3s, at 5.9.07  

  • now to figure out what to do for the cd sleeve...

    By Blogger nicci, at 5.9.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home