Embellished Circus

11.22.2006

Little Paintings

I was recently asked to help decorate a friend's 30th birthday party with some of my art. I got into a creative mode and came up with two different sets of paintings:

bird paintings

Two Little Birds - I can't resist birds. I had fun trying out paint blending for the background. I traced bird templates onto patterned paper and used ink and walnut ink to alter them.

Portrait paintings

Two Portraits - I liked how these turned out, but it took me forever to come up with the right combination for the collage! I used some vintage buttons and an old typewriter key to add a few final touches.

5 Comments:

  • BEAUTIFUL!

    By Blogger nici, at 22.11.06  

  • Awesome work, Kathy :)

    By Blogger Penny, at 22.11.06  

  • Kathy - these are SO great! My favorite is the two birds in the musical note paper. I'm sure the birthday girl will really enjoy these!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 23.11.06  

  • Wow! I am absolutely so impressed! I love your work and would love to trade bird pictures with you sometime! I make bird collages all the time!

    By Blogger Wendy Miller, at 26.11.06  

  • Thank you all for your lovely comments! I'm looking forward to making more paintings like this!

    By Blogger Cellissimo, at 27.11.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home