Embellished Circus

2.04.2007

Valentines Mini Art Quilts




I worked on these last weekend for a little shaker shop in town. First I cut out 4"x6" pieces of muslin and got them wet in the sink. I crumpled them up and sprayed them with some diluted powdered fabric dye I keep in spray bottles. Then I wrung them out and ironed them to set the color. I made a few dabs of artist acrylic on a palette and stamped them with mixed colors and various large stamps. The hearts were cut out of various fabric scraps and set against small pieces of fun fabric I got from the quilt show. Then they were hand embroidered, beaded and stamped text was added. I ironed them to stiff double sided fusible interfacing with a piece of plain muslin behind. Finally I ran over the border with the sewing machine. Voila! Kelli

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home