Embellished Circus

3.15.2007

I've finally Dyed


Yes, it's true. I finally dyed. I have every fabric dye known to man but have never opened them until last night. I hope my hands recover their natural color before the quilt show. Here are the results. I used five kinds of dye to see what I liked best and frankly, I love them all! Dylon Permanent Fabric Dye was the cheapest and easiest to find (JoAnne's) and held up next to the big names like Procion (the serious dye). The most muted was Dy-Na-Flow. I really enjoyed the Setacolor because it was fun to paint with. Finally, I also have something called "Sara's Bloom" which is a smaller version of the above. They all came out beautifully and I'm hooked!

3 Comments:

  • I always feel like I should laugh maniacally after I dye something. I have POWER! Mwah ha ha ha ha!

    Your fabric looks delish!

    By Blogger Zhenia, at 15.3.07  

  • your fabric looks fabulous! so bright and beautiful :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16.3.07  

  • Yummy like sherbet! Slurp.

    By Blogger aimee, at 18.3.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home