Embellished Circus

2.11.2007

Productivity at last!


I had artists block the last couple of months of last year. Well, there was a lot going on at home with my daughters and it took most of my energy. But this year has been highly productive for me. I was so inspired by the painters among us that I was ready to take a stab. This is my first EVER acrylic painting/collage. I'm afraid I'm hooked already. It was an adventure in unfamiliar territory, but a complete joy! I needed to take the plunge and just do it so I could open up this whole new world. So much to learn. This is a self-portrait. Bill told me that I have the nose ring on the wrong side--but I only see myself in the mirror, so it looks right to me, lol! Kelli

4 Comments:

  • This is brilliant piece. And your first attempt no less. You got something here. I love the original style. Would love to see more as you continue to create in this genre.

    From one collage artist to another,
    Catherine
    http://www.catherineholmes.com

    By Blogger Cat, at 12.2.07  

  • This is awesome, Kelli!! :)

    By Blogger Penny, at 13.2.07  

  • Amazing piece Kelli! The colors and sense of whimsy are marvelous. I love hoe you captured your personality in this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 14.2.07  

  • Love, Aimee^^^^

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 14.2.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home