Embellished Circus

2.20.2007

getting unstuck

Despite the recent outpouring of tags chez moi, I've been stuck. Mercury in retrograde blah blah February always sucks blah blah blah when will revisions be over blah blah blah and once more for good measure blah blah blah.

I've been trying to do morning pages. I've been trying to walk more. I've been trying to doodle in my sketchbook. But...I hate crawling out of bed most mornings. It's been really friggin' cold. My sketches are all in pencil because even though I love my pens, I just can't picture my drawings with colour at the moment.

Enter Ptichka, Fixer of All Things.
I asked her tonight as I read something on-line: "What should I do?"
She responded: "You should grab some paper and make a collage in ten minutes like that collage-a-day woman."

So I did it because I always listen to Ptichka. Well, I fudged the time limit. I set my timer for twenty minutes. This collage took twelve. And? I'm happy with the resulting collage and think that I may even use it as the basis for a lino print.

I can't say that I'm really unstuck but it was a relief to make something.

3 Comments:

  • Lovely collage Zh. Does Ptichka "fixer of all things" make house calls? :)

    By Blogger aimee, at 21.2.07  

  • Hee. No, she doesn't because I'm far too much of a wreck at the moment.

    By Blogger Zhenia, at 22.2.07  

  • Very pretty, Zhenia! :)

    By Blogger Penny, at 23.2.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home