Embellished Circus

5.28.2007

Skinny Fat Book Progress

I started working on my "Skinny Fat Book" Bird Theme today. I have decided to go with my traditional "Folk Theme" that I have been working in most of pieces as of late. I wanted to keep all my 20 pages somewhat the same so I decided to make a template for the main bird.



I want the look and feel of my "Folky Bird" to be Americana - Red, White and Blue... and am still working/thinking about the direction I want to go with that.



I like the shape of the bird - and am now in the process of sizing things out and deciding what my backgrounds/foregrounds will be... as well as the bird itself.




I know it will focus around collage and painting... but I'm also toying with sewing too. Still in the planning stages... but it's coming together.

4 Comments:

  • I love your funky bird, Maralena :), and fabulous in progress shots!

    By Blogger Penny, at 28.5.07  

  • Skinny legs and all! ;)

    By Blogger mcdc3s, at 28.5.07  

  • Love the shape of your bird - great idea for a template!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 30.5.07  

  • Thank you Penny and Kristen! It has been a fun process. Lot's of hours doing this!

    By Blogger mcdc3s, at 1.6.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home