Embellished Circus

3.15.2007

Artist Trading Pins--For ArtTechniques Swap



I finished these pins last weekend for an ATP swap on another Yahoo group.

I had more fun making them than I thought I would--I usually am not happy with my attempts at jewelry. I am often reminded of the macaroni and poster paint efforts of earlier years, and the awful sinking feeling when encountering these "treasures" as a teen.

Except, of course, the sinking feeling sets in as soon as I step back from the work. But again, I'm pretty happy with these, and may actually go forth and make another one to keep.

Because I'm greedy that way.

Spike

5 Comments:

  • Neat! Are you going to tell us what that background is? I can't tell. Kelli

    By Blogger Kelli Nina Perkins, at 16.3.07  

  • I have just found this part of your blog line up and I love what you are doing here.
    I know I will be back.

    By Blogger Doreen G, at 17.3.07  

  • The pins are pretty simple--cut up a CD into nifty shapes, paint a used dryer sheet and melt it with a heat gun. Glue the dryer sheet to the CD, add embossing powder until you're happy with the texture.

    Use Sculpy push mold and poly clay to make the faces, adding some additional sculpting with your fingers. Paint with acrylic paints, attach to CD with Liquid Nails.

    Drill holes in CD, add bead strands and danglies. Back pin with felt and pin back.

    Wear and strut.

    By Blogger Spike, at 18.3.07  

  • Fantastic. I love them a bit more now because the background is a used dryer sheet. And here I've been chucking them out all these years!

    By Blogger Zhenia, at 19.3.07  

  • These are stunning!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 29.3.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home