Embellished Circus

4.02.2007

Contortionist Act

As a knitter, I read knitblogs. One of the common conventions upon finishing a pair of socks is to take a picture of your feet shod in the knewly knit footwear. Hey, knitting is the new yoga, so achieving the appropriate position to take good clear pictures of one's pedal extremities should be a cinch. All the flexibility you get from the knitting you've been doing should make it simple to get your head and hands on the floor with your feet and the camera.

You can stop laughing now.

However, taking pictures of your tootsies pales in comparison with taking pictures of your hands.



I made the bracelet with a jeweler friend of mine. We got together with her toys, some wire, and a picture off the net and played it all together. The concept is simple, the execution darn nigh killed us both.




I think it was worth it, like learning to read cable charts. THAT was a nightmare, too.

However, yarn is much softer than baling wire. Hence, I will keep on knitting. And who knows? Maybe you'll see my dancin' feet in a brandy spandy new set of sockies one day.

Spike

2 Comments:

  • I never really thought about it, but you're right. All knitters who blog post a picture of the socks on their feet when they're done. It's like academics. We always have our pictures taken in front of books.

    I really love the bracelet. Great work!

    By Blogger Zhenia, at 3.4.07  

  • OOOOOOOOOO I love your bracelet!!!! I wish i could wear it :)
    great beautiful art

    By Blogger altermyworld, at 3.4.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home